Cart

Drop Of Sunshine

What are the Health Benefits of CBG?

By May 27, 2020 26 Comments

What You Need to Know About CBG and its Therapeutic Benefits

The Marijuana plant has over 100 cannabinoid compounds, and recently, the cannabinoid CBG has received incredible attention for its multitude of impressive wellness benefits recently. While most are familiar with THC and CBD, CBG is one of the latest additions to the cannabinoid market. We take a closer look at CBG, its amazing properties, and CBG, CBD, and THC differences.

What is CBG?

CBG or Cannabigerol is considered the foundation or stem cell from which all other cannabinoids are derived. It is itself a cannabinoid, and unlike THC, it does not cause psychoactive effects that would otherwise get you “high,” but it does offer immense healing qualities.

While CBG is not as popular as its CBD or THC counterparts just yet, it is because the cannabinoid is still under research and found in much smaller quantities, in younger plants. As extraction methods continue to advance and research focus on cannabis and hemp-derived products, CBG has opened a new door to natural therapeutic benefits for the mind and body.

As CBG is a biologically active chemical compound, it delivers therapeutic benefits in support of optimum health.

CBG versus THC and CBD

CBG differs from THC in that it does not contain any psychoactive properties.

Studies have shown that when CBD and CBG are combined, it creates a powerful healing effect in the body. CBG also acts faster than CBD as it interacts directly with the brain’s CB1 and CB2 receptors.

How Does CBG Work?

CBG delivers its wellness benefits by influencing the endocannabinoid system or ECS. The CB1 and CB2 receptors in the ECS support hormone production responsible for physiological sensations. CBG works with these receptors to produce a controlled response.

Current research has revealed the therapeutic qualities of CBG. It is also a natural anti-inflammatory and a powerful antibacterial compound.

What are the Health Benefits of CBG?

Alleviates Pain

As CBG works with the ECS receptors, it can assist with lasting pain relief.

Improves Mood

Anti-Inflammatory

Its natural anti-inflammatory properties contribute to its favorability as an aid for pain and inflammation.

Antibacterial

Cannabigerol is antibacterial, with studies currently exploring its impact against MERS.

Promotes Brain Health

The consumption of CBG supports a healthy brain with exceptional mental fortitude.

Assists Metabolism

From managing your appetite to regulating your metabolism, choose a natural cannabinoid in CBG to help you reach your healthcare goals.

Drop of Sunshine’s Premium CBG Blend

Drop of Sunshine has proudly sourced CBG and added the incredible cannabinoid to our range of tinctures.  Now you can experience the immense therapeutic benefits of CBG and more. The natural cannabinoid is a powerful pain reliever and anti-inflammatory, easily integrated into your daily wellness regime with our premium blend of products.

At Drop of Sunshine, we are continually researching and manipulating our cannabinoid blends to bring the most effective herbal supplements straight to our customers. Our proprietary cannabinoid blend is unique for each product as we work with cannabinoids to provide our customers with the desired results with the highest quality hemp-derived compounds.

Featured photo by Jose Luis Sanchez Pereyra

26 Comments

• Wilson Jake says:

Wow, who would have know this has this numerous health benefits. Peoples misuse of this wonderful natural plant has make it so hard to come by in my country.

• Prince says:

Drop of sunshine, thanks for this amazing research. Who could have ever thought of this much usefulness of this plant. Please is this thesame weed people smoke?

• Meldred Judith says:

I hope this will be available and legalized here. This is such a big help.

• nelly says:

The amazing CBG with a compound that is almost a hundred with great properties and very therupatic too. I believe it worth the use for those that need it.

• conrad says:

CBG is indeed healthier than your usual “medicinal herbs”. People nowadays will use traditional healing practices not because they want it but because they do not have enough money to pay for hospital services.

• Oyeyipo Oladele says:

Health they say is wealth. Everyone will surely gain from this post.

• AJ says:

Wow, that’s quite a lot of impressive benefits. I like how it’s both a healthy option and a medicine at the same time.

• Janine says:

Wow! Thank you for sharing this. This is an excellent creation. It has all it takes to releive pain, stress and anxiety. I badly need this.

• Clarissa says:

It’s so nice to know the health benefits of CBG. Thank you Drops for continues research to bring the most effective herbal supplements to your customers.

• Addy says:

Great benefits that can be derived from taking CBG. I like that it helps the brain function properly and also boost metabolism. Good functions here.

• Danielle M says:

Isee how CBG can have a positive effect on mental health which is great, I’m wondering if its use could help to prevent or inprove the condition for anxiety and depression.

• David Tjoe says:

It seems that CBG will be more popular going forward by seeing that CBG does not cause psychoactive effects that would otherwise get you “high”. I like getting information like this, ensuring that Drop of Sunshine is always transparent in providing information to customers.

• Roy says:

It’s easy to mix up THC, CBD and CBG. Thanks for making the difference among them clear.

• Meg W says:

I like CBG for its ability to bring healing effects without a ‘high.’ Looks like it’s not very different from CBD.

• Patricia says:

I have also noticed that CBG is not as popular as THC or CBD. I hope the research is fast tracked so we can get to enjoy its benefits too.

• Oliver says:

I look forward to a product that combines the powers of CBD and CBG. I know it won’t be long till we get one.

• Daphne says:

I haven’t seen any CBG products in the market as of yet. I wonder why that is.

• Teddy says:

“CBG can regulate mood and improve your mental health without psychoactive effects.” To me that’s the most attractive thing about CBG.

• Louis says:

How does CBG compare with CBD in terms of fighting pain? It would be interesting to know.

• Shantel says:

I am all for any product that can help with brain health. I can’t wait for CBG to get more mainstream.

• Drop says:

FOCUS tincture is great for brain health. It was created for that specific reason. To protect and help you stay mentally strong.

• Anderson says:

I have had metabolism and appetite problems for a while. I am very happy to see that CBG helps with this.

• Drop says:

Yes it does! If you look at the isolated terpenes in our BELLY-BALANCE tincture you will find that everything inside is geared to help the digestive system.

• Storm says:

I hope you guys continue with the good research and discover even more helpful uses of CBG. I really appreciate your work and keep it up.

• Sylvia says:

Yet another magical hemp product. I am totally loving it and support the hemp movement 🙂