Cart

Drop Of Sunshine

Hemp Seed Oil vs. Hemp-Derived Cannabinoids or Cannabis Derived Cannabinoids

By March 9, 2020 45 Comments

Hemp Seed Oil vs. Hemp-Derived Cannabinoids or Cannabis Derived Cannabinoids

The growth in the cannabis industry has led to an explosion of products across the market. The popularity of cannabis and specifically CBD oil has also opened the doors for many companies to take advantage of unsuspecting consumers. You may have noticed an influx of hemp seed oil and claims of it providing all the benefits of or including CBD oil. Some may even have claimed that hemp seed oil is CBD oil or cannabis derived. If you are confused and perhaps even a little overwhelmed by what is true and which products you can trust, we are here to break it down for you. The following takes a closer look at what hemp seed is compared to actual hemp-derived cannabinoids or cannabis-derived cannabinoids.

Understanding the Oils Extracted from the Cannabis Plants

Before we can determine the differences between hemp and CBD, it is necessary to identify the family of plants the oils are derived from. The hemp plant is called Cannabis Sativa, while the marijuana plant is referred to as Cannabis Indica, Cannabis Sativa, and Cannabis Ruderalis. It is CBD (cannabidiol) oil that is extracted from both the hemp and marijuana plant that contains a multitude of powerful and natural health benefits. It is only CBD oil that contains cannabidiol. Hemp oil does not contain CBD.

CBD oil is synonymous with pain relief, relaxation, immune strength, and well-being. It does not contain any intoxicating effects. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) found in the marijuana plant is responsible for feeling “high.” CBD oil and hemp oil do not contain THC.

What is Hemp Seed?

Hemp seed oil is produced from the seeds of the hemp plant. Hemp seed oil does not contain CBD or THC. It does not contain any of the plant-based cannabinoids that are responsible for alternative health support; however, it can prove useful in household applications and serve as a diet supplement as it is rich in Omega fats.

Hemp-Derived Cannabinoids

Hemp-derived cannabinoids are obtained from industrial hemp containing CBD and the legal limit of 0.3% THC, according to the 2018 Farm Bill. The miniscule amount of THC in hemp-derived CBD will not cause any psychoactive effects.

What is CBD?

Cannabidiol oil is extracted from the leaves, the stalks, and the flowers of the hemp plant. CBD can be extracted from industrial hemp containing less than 0.3% THC. Any cannabis plant containing over 0.3% THC is considered a schedule 1 drug, according to the 2018 Farm Bill.

CBD Derived Cannabinoids

CBD derived cannabinoids are from the entire cannabis plant. It includes CBD, THC, and terpenes, highly beneficial for overall health. The cannabis plant, however, is classified as illegal in many states. To ensure you remain on the right side of the law, always check your local state regulations concerning CBD and plant origin.

What We Know

Both the hemp plant and the cannabis plant will contain CBD. The major difference is in the legalities. CBD derived from the cannabis plant is considered illegal by federal law owing to the plant origin. Hemp-derived CBD containing less than 0.3% THC is classified as a commodity in agriculture.

Numerous companies are taking advantage of a lack of consumer awareness and claiming CBD benefits for hemp seed oil. Only hemp-derived CBD or cannabis-derived CBD can provide natural health support.

45 Comments

• Oyeyipo Oladele says:

Whaooo, now I know what this hemp seed is now. With the detailed information on the hemp seed oil and hemp CBD, I am good to move well here on choice. Thanks for this information packed post.

• Meldred Judith says:

This is one way of using this cannabis in a controlled amount. One way to improve one’s help without having an overdosage.

• conrad pranze villas says:

It is just CBD oil that contains cannabidiol. Hemp oil doesn’t contain CBD.

CBD oil is interchangeable with relief from discomfort, unwinding, insusceptible quality, and prosperity.

• Clarissa says:

Thank you for sharing this knowledge to us. Now I know the distinction between hemp seed oil and hemp-derived cannabinoids or cannabis derived cannabinoids. This is very helpful.

• Wilson Jake says:

Wow, this is educative. I thought most of this things are harmful, little did I know. I think it will go along way in helping when used appropriately rich in Omega fats.

• Janine Bocateja says:

I hope the world would legallize cannabis as a powerful solution to illness. It will definitely save a lot of money and a lot of kidney and liver taking strong dose of drugs.

• Janna says:

These two are really helpful and powerful for our health. Thank you for sharing this article and letting me understand more the difference between hemp and cannabinoids.

• Henry says:

CBD oil is highly recommended when it to helping with pain relief, relaxation, immune strength, and well-being. It does not contain any intoxicating effects which is what we really desired.

• David Mureithi says:

I like the discussion. The growth of cannabis is huge and felt in all corners of the world.

• Danielle M says:

I have a heard who has health problems and intense headaches, her doctor told her to rub oil extracted from canabis and that has been very benefical for her.

• Maury Cheskes says:

Huge market for cannabis and cannabinoids. I can see why numerous markets are taking advantage of its wide recognition and health benefits. Thanks for the in-depth information and descriptions.

• Prince says:

I still think eating the seed will serve as a diet supplement as it is rich in Omega fats, lot should give it a try. The oil though has its advantages. Lovely products

• Roy says:

Thanks for breaking down the difference between hemp seed oil and CBD oil. A lot of unsuspecting customers are being taken advantage of.

• Meg W says:

Looks like CBD oil is much better than hemp seed oil. Thanks for this vital information.

• Patricia says:

Hemp oil does not contain CBD. I think that is the important message everyone needs to understand.

• Oliver says:

CBD oil is synonymous with pain relief, relaxation, immune strength, and well-being. It sure is a magic oil!

• Daphne says:

I had no idea that CBD oil and hemp oil do not contain THC. There is so much to learn from this article.

• Teddy says:

I have always used hemp seed oil as a diet supplement. It is very rich in omega fats.

• Louis says:

I am disappointed to learn that hemp seed oil does not contain any of the plant-based cannabinoids that are responsible for alternative health support. Looks like I was misinformed for a very long time.

• Shantel says:

Thanks for pointing out the fact that the miniscule amount of THC in hemp-derived CBD will not cause any psychoactive effects. That is the reason we can never get high from hemp oil.

• Anderson says:

From this write-up, I can conclude that CBD Oils are so much better than hemp seed oil. I can’t thank you enough for sharing this 🙂

• Storm says:

It’s very important to always check your local state regulations concerning CBD and plant origin before making any purchase. It could save you a lot of legal problems.

• Sylvia says:

I am very grateful for this informative piece. It will go a long way to promote consumer awareness on the effects of Hemp seed oil and CBD oil.

• David Tjoe says:

I am very happy to be able to obtain information like this. I just found out that CBD oil and hemp oil do not contain THC which is responsible for feeling “high.” Thus these products are safe to use. Thank you!

• Obasa Funmilola says:

I support the talk that before we can determine the differences between hemp and CBD, it is necessary to identify the family of plants the oils are derived from, it will give the best response. This is a great discussion for the ones who intend to live a healthy life.

• mercy says:

Well stated and detailed information given about CBD and how it can be beneficial to humanity. I like how we can fight stress with it which is always weakening humans.

• Jj says:

This article shares a lot of information. Thank sfor making it brief and concise. I support the cannabis cure.

• bukky says:

So CBD oil can give relief from discomfort, unwinding, reducing pain. That’s just fantastic. Worth trying though

• Edwin Kamau says:

I really got to understand much about CBD. Thanks for sharing the article. A good one.

• Karl says:

Hemp seed oil sounds like a very useful natural product to help with pain. I wonder if it could help with muscle pain after sustaining an injury.

• Paulo says:

I’m really interested in the seed since it will great too for the body. I wonder where I can get it here in the stores. It will be helpful to take them.

• Dayt says:

CBD (cannabidiol) oil that is extracted from both the hemp and marijuana plant that contains a multitude of powerful and natural health benefits. From my childhood, have always thought hemp and marijuana is bad, but now I know better.

• Mozer Torancher says:

Focusing on the health properties from CBD and THC is a really smart way to offer cannabis products. I love the safe arrangement having a variety of different solutions and how this piece makes the clear distinction between hemp seed oil and hemp-derived cannabinoids. I could definitely see huge growth from Drop of Sunshine in the near future because of the large recognition and demand for their products.

• Rickard says:

Thanks for the clear distinction you’ve made between CBD oil and Hemp seed oil. A lot of people confuse the two.

• Marley says:

Thank you for always keeping us informed. The information here will go a long way in helping a lot of unsuspecting buyers.

• Penny says:

I had no idea that CBD oil is considered illegal in some areas. This is a big eye opener.

• Olga says:

I have always confused between hemp seed oil and CBD oil. This article explains the difference so well.

• Desma says:

I always prefer CBD oil to Hemp seed oil. I feel like CBD oil is just much more effective for me.

• Terry says:

I am glad to learn that CBD oil does not contain any intoxicating effects. I can’t wait to try it for myself!

• Laura says:

I highly advocate for the use of CBD oils. My well-being has improved a lot since I adopted it.

• Sean says:

I always thought that Hemp seed oil and CBD oil contained THC. I guess I was wrong. Thank you for the information.

• Anny says:

There is nothing as bad as companies that take advantage of the consumers’ ignorance. You have done well to put the truth out.

• Pink says:

Your article is very well researched and detailed. I have learnt a lot from it. I hope you’ll share even more in future.

• Caleb says:

This puts to rest the debate as to which one is better between CBD oils and Hemp seed oil. From the article, CBD oil is clearly the better product with way more benefits!

• Anyi Lizeth says:

This information is very interesting, it describes in detail the components that each product has, so we can make the decision ourselves.